Thursday, March 29, 2007

24 - Just Not Doing It For Me This Season


I've been follwoing 24 since the beginning, and throughout. I have brought others on with me to go through the constant adrenaline pumping plot lines, but I'm just not quite into it this year.
It's happened before, nearly every season I tire of the constantly switching back-stabbing, power-usurping, and purposely frustrating scenarios, but hang through. Which is probably what this is. All I know is that if we didn't have a DVR, and if Lisa wasn't waaay into it. I would have missed a few episodes this year.
Don't get me wrong, Jack Bauer, and the way he is written and portrayed, are great, better than most film leading men, but I don't want to spend three hours waiting for the administration to do what they should have done in the first place, listen to Jack. Every year, these are the plot lines that take up so much time, nearly as annoying as the acknowledged bi-episode, hostage crisis. For varied reasons, corruption, evil, whatever, the right thing to do is danced around by characters who know better.
I get annoyed with this, and take a break from the show, usually coming back for the last four hours or so. This year, ahvent done that but maybe I am wishing I had.

No comments: